In the height of the summer heat, the last thing you want is to have to live without air conditioning for a couple of days while you wait for air conditioning repair. While there is the occasional HVAC system that will suddenly stop working, there are almost always warning signs that you can recognize if you are paying attention to your HVAC system.
It is a good idea to test your system early in the season, but you can stay alert for these signs you need air conditioning repair:
- The system is cutting on and off more often. Turning on and off uses more energy than any other part of your air conditioning’s cycle, so you want to reduce the number of times it turns on and off.
- The system is running more than it once did. As time passes, your system can get less efficient, which means it must run more to produce the same cooling power. Regular maintenance can help prevent this problem.
- The system is making new noises. If you hear new grinding, clicking or hissing, it is time to call a certified HVAC technician to check it out.
- Your utility bill is higher than expected. If you can’t explain your high bill with unusually extreme weather, it could be a problem with your system.
- Your building doesn’t seem to cool when you turn thermostat down.
- The temperature throughout your building varies, or less air seems to be coming through the vents.
- You find ice on your system.
If you suspect that there’s a problem with your HVAC system, don’t wait until it stops working completely. Call a certified HVAC technician to evaluate and perform air conditioning repair today.