Have you recently noticed problems with your commercial HVAC system? Unfortunately, they can’t be made to last forever. Manufacturers do what they can, but the typical rooftop commercial HVAC system will last about 8 – 10 years, depending on how often you maintain it and how you respond to problems with it. Once you’ve reached the 8 or 10 year mark, you will begin to see problems like poor air flow or even a failed compressor unit, and when that happens, it’s best to invest in a new system than try to put a bandaid on it.
Here are a few other signs you should replace your commercial HVAC system:
- Frequent Breakdowns – consistent breakdowns hint to deeper problems.
- Costly Repair – especially if the repair will cost over 50% of the price of a new system.
- Constant Cycles – when your AC constantly cycles on and off you could have a problem with your condenser unit, a fan, or your unit may be the wrong size. It’s best to replace at that point.
- High Energy Bills – an aging HVAC system becomes less efficient and the cost of running it will slowly creep up on you.
- Odd Noises – when you hear buzzes, bangs or any strange sound coming from your unit, it could indicate a costly problem in the system.
If you notice any of these problems in your commercial HVAC system, it’s best to call a specialized HVAC technician, like one of our technicians here at QRC, to investigate the problem with the system. You don’t want to call just anyone who will take your money to take out your current system and replace it with the same type.
Our technicians will come out and ensure your current system is the proper size and that repairs would be more costly than replacement, then we’ll work with you to determine what system would be best to replace your old one.
If your air conditioner is leaving you stranded, it’s time to find out what the problem is and fix it with a new system!